- It is the policy of the Merriam-Gilbert Public Library (MGPL) to lend e-Readers to all eligible Library patrons.
- Eligible patrons are defined as those possessing a library record in good standing (no fines or billed items, and up-to-date contact information).
- E-Readers may be borrowed for a 2-week period, with 1 renewal for an additional week if there are no outstanding patron holds.
- E-Readers are subject to replacement costs ($350.00) if the device is:
- returned with damage that renders it inoperable.
- not returned 1 week beyond the loan period.
- An E-Reader Loan Agreement (please see below) must be read and signed by the borrower before the device is checked out for the first time.
- E-Reader check out is limited to 1 per household.
The E-Reader will not be checked in if:
- charger (power cord), storage case, and/or stylus are not returned.
- any damage or tampering is assessed (including any consequence of misuse, accident, modification, attempts to access internal parts, removal of labels, keys, or equipment components.)
- The equipment remains the property of MGPL. The borrower is responsible to safeguard and protect the device against damage and loss throughout the loan period.
E-Reader Loan Agreement
- I am fully responsible for any loss or damage to this e-Reader.
- I will not loan this E-Reader to another person.
- I will return this E-Reader, and all associated components, to a staff member at the Circulation Desk, in the same condition in which it was received within the loan period.